.

Saturday, January 23, 2010

Here's to Good Women...



How wonderful are the Women of the Family...I have been so fortunate to have amazing women in my life. I was blessed to have my Grandmothers in my life until I was in my forties. My Mother and my Aunts have always been a loving presence. I have a beautiful Sister. We are so different in so many ways, but so alike in others. My brother married a funny, wonderful woman who is a Sister-by-Love. When I married my Husband, I received a the gift of a Mother, a Sister and a bit later, another Sister when Lou's Brother was married. I have an assortment of Nieces who are lovely and talented. I am blessed to have had a best friend who has been in my life for over fifty years. And...then there are my beautiful and amazing Daughters who are my true joy.







5 comments:

  1. Ohmygoodness! I love these signs, all of them! "What happens at Nana's stays at Nana's" is the sweetest of all for my mother was called Nana and all the grandchildren still talk about all the fun times they had with her, though she's been gone almost ten years now. Precious! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your signs are Beautiful! I love them all! Hugs BeCca

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful post and my goodness Pat you really have been blessed to have such lovely women in your life. A lot of women would love to be able to say the same about their husbands families.
    I do miss the women that influenced my life and now it is up to me to be the one to influence my grandbabies.
    Love all of these signs. Do you have a special place for each one.
    Monday I have a post that I am excited about. It is of a precious little girl of one of our blogger friends who is trying to save Haiti one bead at a time. Looking forward to putting it on my site
    Take care
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I,too, have had lots of wonderful strong women in my life as well. I think of them ofter.
    Mother, grandmother,aunts and sister in laws.
    WE all knit, crochet, quilt and sew. All except one.
    I looks at your previous post. What a beautiful bride. My DD was married last September.
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved your signs so much that I featured them on my blog today at http://craftychicsblog.blogspot.com/2010/01/say-i-love-you.html

    Shawn

    ReplyDelete