.

Thursday, May 20, 2010

Coyotes in Maryland?



I am at my daughter's today...it's my Dylan day. She told me this morning that there have been coyote sightings in Baltimore and Carroll Counties. I just did a search and found the link below.
Coyotes in Maryland

A little scary for farmers but also for homeowners in the area with pets. I told Holly she better not let Dre, my fuzzy grandson, outside at night alone. It is bad enough that there are wild turkeys that come out of the woods on her street and attack your car...now you need to watch out for the howling, pet eating coyotes.


2 comments:

  1. It's good you've warned your daughter and you know to keep Lucy safe. We have lots of coyotes in our region. We know lots of people who've lost pets to coyotes, and my parents lost a cat they inherited from me from me in my early twenties. My Dad always taught us to be wary of coyote sightings where the coyote is noted as being quite skinny and looks sickly. Those ones are usually ravenous and extremely hungry and will take more chances. My Dad used to go around and warn the neighbors if one of those types was sighted. Thanks for the reminder for all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We've had them here too. I have heard them at night. Our rabbit population is down. Have a nice weekend.
    Balisha

    ReplyDelete