.

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Witch Balls from Gecko Glass


While at the craft show this weekend, I admired the work of a very talented glass artist named Erin Shepard. She makes jewelry, kaleidoscopes an other glass items. I just loved her witch balls and while I was away from our display, my dear Hubbie, purchased the one I had been admiring all weekend. He surprised me with it in the truck on the way home. He's still my sweetie after 35 years. (most days)

Legend of the Witch Ball is that when hung in windows, they protect against evil spells and negativity. The beauty of the orbs is said to attract evil spirits and their energy is trapped inside the glass. If my witch ball does that for my house...great, but I just thought it was pretty.

Erin has an etsy shop Gecko Glass and also has a website for her wedding jewelry. She will again be at the Maryland Home and Garden Show this weekend.

4 comments:

  1. G'morn, Pat ~ What a wonderful garden ornament ... hope it brings you a bountiful beautiful garden. I love prisms to hang in my windows.

    Happy St. Patrick's Day ~
    TTFN ~ Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is just beautiful! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Let me know if that thing works! I may need to get one myself. Beyond that, you are right, it is very pretty. So nice of your hubby to surprise you with it. He is a keeper! Hope yours is a wonderful week.
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is gorgeous....love the colors and the way it sparkles. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete