.

Saturday, March 20, 2010

Be Careful What You Wish For...


For the past 2 weekends we've been set up at the Home and Garden show. In November, we signed up for 2 craft shows at a local high school...a spring show and a fall show (because we were given a break in show fees if we paid then). All week I've been making items to replace what we have sold over the last couple of weeks. I have been wishing that we weren't doing that high school show today. I'm just gettin' too old to set up for a show three weekends in a row. But I did commit to doing this show and worked like crazy to be sure to have enough product.

Well...Thursday evening, my head started to get stuffy. Yesterday morning my throat was scratchy and by the afternoon I gave up trying to paint, came down from the shop and climbed into bed. Full blown head cold with all the symptoms, sore throat, stuffy nose, coughing, sneezing and generally feeling like someone was squeezing both sides of my head. Still thinking, however, that I would be able to set up at the show this morning. Wrong...it just wasn't going to happen. So here I am, on the most beautiful day of 2010 so far, in the house, feeling sorry for myself. I have opened the windows to at least get the feel of spring in the air.

So folks, do be careful what you wish for...it might just come true!

5 comments:

  1. Let me remember that. I'll do almost anything rather than come down with a head cold to avoid it. Hope you're feeling better very quick.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear you are not feeling well...sending you lots of huge feel better hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear you're under the weather. Spring colds are so annoying but a great excuse to get a big bowl of piping-hot pho. Get well soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Get well real quick. I hate head colds...Just rest and drink lots of liquids. Take care, Balisha (hugs, but not too close LOL)

    ReplyDelete