.

Monday, May 30, 2011

Snakes? Why did it have to be Snakes?


We had a visitor at the Country Workshop on this beginning of summer weekend. At least the door to the shop wasn't open as this one was just a step outside the front door. The last time a black snake paid us a visit, the door was open and a relative of this fellow, slithered in and climbed the stairs to the studio, went over my chair and ended up on the counter, sunning himself by the window. That one was much larger than this 4 footer, probably 6-7 foot and about 3 inches around.

I realize, that there are probably snakes in our yard all the time, but I really don't want to see them, and I certainly don't want any in the house or in the shop. Guess I'm gonna have to be a bit more careful when I'm pulling weeds in the gardens.
Anyone know where I can borrow a mongoose?



7 comments:

  1. I would DIE!!! I once literally stopped traffic on the freeway because there was a snake on the road in my lane, didn't have power windows on my car & was SCARED to death if I ran over him he'd wind up in my car. OK, so there were some VERY unhappy drivers behind me! UGH!!

    Have a beautiful week ~
    TTFN ~
    Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  2. ewww I hate snakes. I know they have a purpose but can they take their purpose somewhere else.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not a big fan of snakes either. Not any of them - even though I know black snakes are "good" snakes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL - as we watched that movie this weekend and I said that line out loud before Harrison Ford in the movie! I'm with you, no snakes should be in the vicinity of us ever!
    xo Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would die, too! And then I'd have to move if I had a snake that big! ewwwwwwwwwwwwwww!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yep, keep the garden weeded so you don't accidentally grab one and wet your pants! I don't mind the regular snakes, it's the poisonous ones that I am afraid of!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We see black snakes real often around the house. I don't mind them as long as I can see them first and keep a few feet away from them. I've heard they keep poisoness snakes away.

    ReplyDelete