.

Monday, January 24, 2011

Friends

I had the pleasure of attending a bridal shower for a lovely young woman on Saturday afternoon. She is the daughter of one of my dearest friends and the bride and her husband to be will be getting married in February.





In the photo with me, is Bonnie, the Mother of the Bride and another longtime friend MaryAnne. Bonnie and I have known each other for over 50 years. Bonnie met MaryAnne while she was in the 8th grade. I then got to know MaryAnne through Bonnie and all through our teens we were always together. I know somewhere I must have an old photograph of the three of us and I'll have to keep digging through piles of old pictures.


I did find this picture of Bonnie and me, taken probably in 1958 or '59. That's me on the right, dressed in jeans and a flannel shirt. Bonnie's mother always had her in pretty clothes.




This one, of MaryAnne and me, was taken in Ocean City, MD in 1969 in one of those photo booths on the boardwalk.


Make new friends but keep the old ones
One silver but the other gold



5 comments:

  1. Friends old and new are truly treasures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your last phrase aout new and old friends are so so true...It set me thinking of who and for how long I had had my oldest...maybe I should re phrase that...longest friend LOL it would have to be Phil, she and I have known each other since pre school days..gosh over 60 yeras OMG...we have drifted in and out of each others lives in all these years...
    loe sybil

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved that last line about friends. It is perfect. What a super post and I really like your sign below. That is priceless! Just signed to be your latest follower.
    Warm wishes
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful post honey. I love the pictures too.
    Friends are not to be taken for granted and I have three sisters that have been my friends since the 50's. Telling my age now.
    Hope your doing well.
    Love
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this post, with the old and new pics. And you are so right: there is NOTHING like old friends. They know you, you know them, you know each others' faults, yet you love each other anyway!
    Best,
    Gloria

    ReplyDelete