.

Thursday, August 23, 2012

Pyewacket...

thegirlwhokeepsdreaming.tumblr.com
 
When I saw this photo of this beautiful cat, the name Pyewacket popped right into my brain.

For those of you may not have ever have seen the movie Bell, Book and Candle,
Pyewacket was the name of the cat in the story.
 
 
The movie was released in 1958 and stars Kim Novak as Greenwich Village witch Gillian Holroyd  and James Stewart as Shep Henderson the man she falls in love with. 
Pyewacket is the witch's Siamese cat. 

I'm just a sucker those old romantic comedies from the 1950's and 60's.   


8 comments:

  1. Have "sucker" stamped on my forehead too! LOL! Those were the movies you could watch again and again. Sigh, the junk they put out now... blah.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember my grandmother had a cat just like that that she called Pye.
    cathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those old movies, especially the old musicals. I don't think I've seen that one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a gorgeous cat. I loved that movie hadn't thought about it in years though. I love Siamese cats. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhhhhh I love old movies!!!

    Happy Saturday!

    LuLu~*xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I remember that! Such a good movie. I had a Siamese years ago...We called her Dinah after Alice's pet cat in alice in Wonderland. We had just read the book.. Balisha

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful cat! I collect old Doris Day movies ... love them. Feel good movies. Sue.

    ReplyDelete
  8. When I was a kid, my friend had a cat named Pyewacket! I think it's a really cute name for a kitty. ;)

    ReplyDelete