.

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Kindle...


I have been on the fence about purchasing an electronic reader. I love to read, although lately I haven't had much time to do so. I mentioned to Lou and the girls I was thinking about getting one, but really wasn't sure I would be willing to give up the feel of book in hand. Several weeks ago, the decision was taken out of my hands. For my birthday the husband and daughters gave me a Kindle.

I love being able to choose books while sitting at home. It's comfortable to hold and I don't miss the feel or smell of the paper. I was glad to be able to read and to connect to the internet while at the H&G show the past two weekends, but I transported it wrapped in a tea towel so it wouldn't get scratched while in my purse.

When my friend Shar heard about the towel, she whipped up this fabric cover for my Kindle using flip flop fabric. It seals with Velcro. She also made an eyeglass case and change purse to match so looks like I'm ready to go.

7 comments:

  1. I'm still on the fence, but my husband loves his Kindle that we gave him. Cute cover!
    xo Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are enjoying your kindle. Nice gift for you from Shar...very thoughtful. Maybe she has a new item to add to her line of products.

    D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep enjoying your Kindle...what a cute cover. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. My husband gave me a Kindle for Valentine's Day and I have to admit I LOVE it! You have a wonderful friend and a darling Kindle cover.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet cover!! Enjoy your kindle too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a nice friend! Very nice. You don't really need anything heavy. I quickly got rid of the commercial covers produced for the kindle. Sad to say I just carry mine unprotected in my purse.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good for you honey getting a Kindle. I too have been wondering wether or not I would like having one.
    Belated Happy Birthday too
    Love
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete