.

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Vampires and Werewolves


Okay...I must admit it...I really enjoy Vampire movies, books and tv shows. Not the tear out the throat, pull off the head kind, but the romantic, we can't ever been together kind. I think it started years ago with the Dracula movie with Frank Langella a version quite different from the movie starring Bela Lugosi.

Years later, I started watching Buffy the Vampire Slayer (the tv show, hated the movie). Again the "we can't be together because you are a vampire and I'm the Vampire Slayer" must have be the attraction. I had to laugh when my aunt told me she liked that show too. At least I wasn't the only grown woman watching that show.

Then along came Twilight and I have seen 2 of the movies based on the Stephanie Meyer series but I haven't read the books. My aunt, the same one, says I need to read the books. This series has both Vampires and Werewolves as the dangerous, dashing lead characters.

And now I faithfully watch HBO's True Blood based on The Southern Vampire Mysteries. This show is not quite as innocent as the others. Although it is still a love story between human and vampire. It also has werewolves, shapeshifters and now fairies. My daughter Meagan tells me I need to read the books this series is based on. She believes it will give more insight to rthe characters.

So now you know my secret...

Vampires, Zombies and Werewolves Oh My


















5 comments:

  1. Well, I do not like Vampire movies, but I sure do like your signs. Great work. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll take one for my front door, thanks Mom!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed the first Twilight movie. I'm definitely team Edward. I tried to read the book but just couldn't get into it at all. I've yet to see the second movie. Your signs are awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've loved vampire movies for years and years but like you, not the really gory ones. Loved Buffy the Vampire Slayer. There was a series on maybe a year or so ago about a vampire PI and his human lady love was a reporter. Can't remember the name of it but I loved that show too. I think it only lasted one season. Oh, my goodness, girl! You've got to read the Twilight books. They are SO MUCH better than the movies.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your signs are just beautiful! ... You HAVE to read the Twilight books, they are so much better than the movies, I just couldn't put them down, and I will FOREVER dream of Edward! Oh my, Edward...swoon!!! xo Paulette

    ReplyDelete