.

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Watching it Grow...Spring Time Sproutings


I am always thrilled to see little green shoots poking through the leaves in the spring... First the crocus...then the daffodils and then everything else starts starts to green up. My hydrangeas now have leaves shooting up from the bottom. The Secret Garden is still one of my favorite books.

Several years ago, my girls gave me a surprise birthday party and two dear friends gave me a saucer garden as a gift. It was filled with springtime goodies. I replanted these in my garden and now every spring miniature daffodils and primrose plants are some of the first to bloom. When I see these it always makes me think of Ann and David, who have their own wonderful garden in their yard in Perry Hall.

My daughters each have their own homes, and I am so glad to see that they too have put in gardens. Is it a learned thing or is it in the genes? Many of their plants are from my garden, either by cuttings or by separating. Holly and Meagan have both asked,"Are you sure you want to give that to me?" I explained that it is one of the joys of gardening...sharing. Then you always have a memory of the person who shared themselves with you. I hope that they continue to share their gardens with friends and family.



1 comment:

  1. Pat,

    I see you made time to go out and garden today. Isn't springtime a wonderful season...The earth is in renewal and so are our spirits. And if you ever wanna share any of your garden treasures, you do know where I live, right? LOL!

    Dee

    ReplyDelete