.

Sunday, June 22, 2014

Easy Gluten Free Mac and Cheese

Today we celebrated our great-nephew Braden's Birthday Number 2.
Knowing our grandson has a gluten allergy, the Birthday Boy's Mother,
our darling niece Jamie, did all that she could to be sure he didn't feel left out.
There were plenty of choices for the kids, including GF cupcakes.
She asked that I make my gluten free version of Macaroni and Cheese.  

 

I start with Barilla GF macaroni...I've tried different brands of pasta which are gluten free,
and like Barilla best of any I have used.   For this big party batch, I used two
12 ounce boxes and cooked the macaroni according to the directions on the box.

 

I used one 8 ounce package of cream cheese, one 32 ounce package of Velveeta
and 6 tbsp of butter.  Cut each into into chunks, put together into a bowl
and soften, but not melt the microwave.
Drain and rinse the pasta and put it back into the pot and onto the stove. 
Add the soften cheeses and butter to the cooked pasta and over a low flame,
stir to melt the cheese mixture over the pasta. I add milk to the mixture as I stir. I don't measure the milk...(I know, not great directions for a recipe)  but I just keep adding and stirring until the pasta is coated and the
consistency is creamy.  Dylan  loves mac and cheese and with this, he doesn't need to be told that it's one more thing he can't have.


And the Birthday Birthday Boy...He enjoyed  his cake the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment